Posted on

i want my cbd

Hemp and cannabis are closely related; in fact, industrial hemp is actually Cannabis sativa L. The difference in name is mostly a function of a legal definition, which sets the threshold for THC content. The flowers of a hemp plant contain little to no THC, while the flowers of a cannabis plant (commonly referred to as marijuana) contain much higher levels of THC.

"In today's day and age, if someone is looking to sell a product, the normal avenues are Amazon, eBay, Alibaba or paid ads on social media," Slovik said. "In this industry, it's way, way, way different. You can't do any of those things."

What is CBD?

Slovik soon launched Core Roots CBD, seeing a business opportunity and a way to help other people treat their pain. He said starting a CBD company is like any other business, plus a bunch of added steps.

Still relatively new to the mainstream, cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is becoming a household name. The purported therapeutic and health benefits of CBD, one of many compounds found in cannabis and hemp plants, has created a buzz. CBD oil has entered the marketplace in the form of tinctures, infused edibles, topicals and more. The growth of CBD oil products has been so immense, in fact, that industry analyst BDS Analytics predicts the U.S. CBD market will reach $20 billion in sales by 2024.

"I used to be a pro snowboarder … and I was always sore, my muscles were constantly in agonizing pain. I tried CBD, and it helped me tremendously," said Slovik. "Then, years later, cannabis … started coming to the forefront, and there was research and data backing up everything I felt on the mountain."

All hemp growers are required to report their hemp acreage to their local FSA offices. Hemp growers must first report their planted hemp lots to the FSA within 10 days of planting, and then report to the MDA within 10 days after that. This requirement applies to all hemp growers and all hemp lots, including indoor hemp growers. Please refer to the FSA handout Acreage Reporting Related to Hemp Production, and contact your local FSA office for more information.

A license holder can grow hemp on rented land as long as the landowner gives consent to allow hemp to be grown on their property, understands that the MDA will perform routine inspections and plant sampling in the fields and gives inspectors unrestricted access to the grow locations. The licensee must provide the MDA with the landowner’s name and contact information. The licensee must make a copy of their Hemp Program license available to the land or building owner.

All hemp produced in Minnesota must be sampled and tested within 30 days prior to harvest. Each variety grown is considered a separate lot and must be sampled separately. A grower may not harvest a hemp lot until a sample has been collected. Growers must harvest each lot within 30 days of the sample collection date. The grower may harvest any time after the sample is collected, even before they have received the official lab results/Fit for Commerce certificate from the MDA. However, they cannot combine lots or sell the material until they receive the Fit for Commerce certificate.


If the hemp tests between 0.3% – 1% Total THC, the license holder has the option to remediate, destroy the crop, or request a second sample/retest. If the hemp tests above 1% then it must be destroyed and cannot be remediated.

The 2018 Farm Bill officially legalized hemp cultivation for commercial purposes and removed it from the Controlled Substances Act. On January 19, 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) released the Final Rule (7 CFR part 990), which forms the regulatory framework for all hemp cultivation nationwide. Each state and tribal authority has to submit a plan for approval to USDA if they wanted to continue to regulate hemp at the state/tribal level. The Minnesota State Plan was approved on May 6, 2021. Visit the USDA website to view the entirety of the Minnesota plan.

An MDA inspector must take plant samples for THC testing within 30 days of harvest. The license holder is responsible for notifying the MDA of the hemp lots they’ve planted by filing a Planting Report form. Please contact the Hemp Program staff to request the Planting Report form. Once we receive your report, we will schedule your inspection and sampling. Inspectors take 30 cuttings per lot, the top 5 inches of the female flowers. At least 75% of the plants must be flowering in order for us to take samples, and there must be at least 5 inches of female flower vertically along the stem. Each variety is considered a separate lot and must be sampled separately. The grower will be invoiced for any extra inspections/tests beyond the first one.

Each license expires on December 31 of the year issued. Each year, licensees must reapply to be in the program.

10 Lillian Lane
Plainview, NY 11803 USA

All IWantMyCBD products are U.S. Hemp-based, produced per the Agricultural Improvement Act of 2018 containing 0.3% or less THC.

Many people use CBD to promote a state known as homeostasis, the body’s natural tendency to maintain a healthy balance in all its systems. Cannabinoids are an integral part of the human body’s ability to regulate and balance a wide variety of physiological systems. CBD is also used by some for specific purposes such as supporting a good night’s rest or maintaining well-functioning joints.


© I Want My CBD. All rights reserved – 18+

CBD is short for cannabidiol. It is just one of many different molecules known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis and hemp plants. CBD has many beneficial properties and is commonly used to promote overall wellness.

These products are not for use by or to be sold to persons under the age of 18.

The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from health care practitioners. Please consult your health care professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice.